Policies, Procedures, & Terms
We aim to make the booking process simple yet thorough to ensure your pick-up process is quick, easy, and free from surprises.
You must be at least 25 years of age (young driver fee applies for renters under 30 years old). Search for your trip dates and preferred locations for your favorite vehicle. You must provide proof of valid driver’s license and insurance.
The credit card used for payment MUST be under the renter’s name.
The security deposit will be authorized to your credit up to a week prior to the start date.
You must have your valid driver’s license, insurance card, and credit card with you on the day of pick-up. We will meet at the predetermined time and location and confirm your driver’s license, insurance card, and credit card are all valid.
We will fill out the vehicle condition report together and we will review the vehicle operation, documentation, and answer any questions you may have before you sign the rental agreement and start your adventure.
We will meet at the predetermined time and location and fill out the vehicle report together.
After gathering feedback from you and saying goodbye, we perform a thorough inspection of the vehicle.
We will refund the deposit amount less any incidentals, reservation changes, or repairs.
A deposit is required for all rentals. Up to a week prior to the reservation, the amount is authorized to the renter’s credit card.
|Days before reservation start:||Refund amount:|
|14 days or more||100% refund|
|3 days or more||50% refund of rental amount and 100% refund of deposit|
|3 days or less||0% refund of rental amount and 100% refund of deposit|
Do not move the vehicle until police arrive. If possible, turn off engines, gaurd against fire, and watch for fuel leaks. DO NOT MOVE someone who is injured.
Call the police or 911 if severe. Call rentGT’s office immediately after talking with emergency responders (707-940-0848).
Make no statement about the accident except to police, rentGT, or your insurance company. Document with notes and photos while memory is fresh. Gather other driver’s name, phone number, and insurance information.
Obtain a police report and notify rentGT with this information asap.
rentGT will coordinate vehicle towing or return to garage.
If you are involved in an accident, see information above. Call the police or 911 if severe.
Notify rentGT of any damage as soon as it occurs or as you notice it. Document date/time, location and cause of the damage. Take photos.
In most cases, your rental charges will be settled and agreement closed prior to coordinating payment for any repairs.
If you are in need of roadside assistance, call rentGT (707-940-0848) and advise us of your situation.
Terms & Conditions
- “Agreement” means all terms and conditions found on all pages of this form, any addenda and additional materials we provide at the time of rental.
- “You” or “your” means the person identified as the renter on the form, any person signing this Agreement, any Authorized Driver and any person or organization to whom charges are billed by us at its or your direction. All persons referred to as “you” or “your” are jointly and severally bound by this Agreement.
- “We”, “our” or “us” means the business named on the form.
- “Authorized Driver” means the renter, the renter’s spouse, the renter’s employer and co-worker if engaged in business activity with the renter while using the Vehicle and is at least age 30, and any additional driver listed by us on this Agreement, provided that each such person has a valid driver’s license.
- “Vehicle” means the motor vehicle identified in this Agreement and vehicle we substitute for it, and all its tires, tools, accessories, equipment, keys and vehicle documents.
- “RCP” means Renters Collision Protection
- Rental, Indemnity and Warranties.
- This Agreement is a contract for the rental of the Vehicle. You agree to indemnify us, defend us and hold us harmless from and against all claims, liability, costs and attorney fees we incur resulting from, or arising out of this rental.
- We make no warranties, express, implied or apparent, regarding the vehicle, no warranty of merchantability and no warranty that the vehicle is fit for a particular purpose.
- Condition and Return of Vehicle.
- You must return the Vehicle to our rental office or other location we specify, on the date and time specified in this Agreement, and in the same condition that you received it, except for ordinary wear.
- Service to the Vehicle or replacement of parts or accessories during the rental must have our prior approval. You will check and maintain all fluid levels. We may repossess the Vehicle at your expense without notice to you, if the Vehicle is abandoned or used in violation of the law or this Agreement.
- Smoking or vaping of any kind is prohibited and a cleaning fee will apply for violations.
- The Vehicle may be equipped with telematics technology that allows us to track or otherwise locate, disable and repossess the Vehicle and to obtain data about the Vehicle’s use during your rental, including fuel usage and miles driven. By entering into this agreement, You consent to our use of such telematics during your rental as permitted by applicable law. Tampering with the Telematics equipment will result in a fine of up to $500.
- Responsibility for Damage or Loss; Reporting to Police.
- You are responsible for all physical and mechanical damage to the Vehicle, missing equipment, and our administrative expenses connected with any damage claim in accordance with California Civil Code section 1936, whether or not you are at fault.
- You are responsible for loss due to theft of the vehicle and all damage due to vandalism that occurs in connection with a theft, if you fail to exercise ordinary care while in possession of the Vehicle.
- You are responsible for damage due to vandalism not associated with theft of the Vehicle up to a maximum of $500. Allowing a person who is not an Authorized Driver to use the Vehicle is not an exercise of ordinary care, but a willful, and reckless act and is a breach of this agreement, You must report all accidents involving the vehicle or theft of the vehicle and vandalism to us within 24 hours of occurrence, and to the police as soon as you discover them.
- Breach of Agreement: the acts listed here are prohibited uses of the rental vehicle. Any loss or damage that
- is caused by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver, or by anyone whose driving license is suspended in any jurisdiction;
- is caused by anyone under the influence of prescription or non-prescription drugs or alcohol;
- is caused by anyone who obtained the Vehicle or extended the rental period by giving us false, fraudulent or misleading information;
- occurs while the Vehicle is used in furtherance of any illegal purpose or under any circumstance that would constitute a violation of the law, other than a minor traffic violation;
- occurs while carrying persons or property for hire or while pushing or towing anything, or in any race, speed test or contest;
- occurs while teaching anyone to drive;
- occurs while carrying dangerous or hazardous items or illegal material in or on the Vehicle;
- occurs outside the geographic limitations indicated on the form;
- occurs when it is loaded beyond its capacity;
- occurs as a result of driving the Vehicle on unpaved roads;
- occurs while transporting more persons than the Vehicle has seat belts, or while carrying persons outside the passenger compartment;
- occurs while transporting children without approved child safety seats as required by law;
- occurs and the odometer has been tampered with or disconnected;
- occurs when the vehicle’s fluid levels are low, or It is otherwise reasonable to expect you to know that further operation would damage the vehicle;
- results from inadequately secured cargo;
- where applicable, Is caused by anyone who lacks experience operating a manual transmission;
- is a result of your willful, wanton or reckless act or misconduct;
- occurs and you fail to summon the police to any accident involving personal injury or property damage; or,
- is caused by an animal transported in the Vehicle; breach this agreement. You waive all recourse against us for any criminal reports or prosecutions that we take against you that arise out of your breach of this agreement.
- You are responsible for all damage or loss you cause to others. You agree to provide primary auto liability, collision and comprehensive insurance covering you, us and the vehicle. If you do not have liability insurance, or if state law requires us to have liability insurance, we will provide an auto liability insurance policy (the “Policy”) that is secondary to any other valid and collectible insurance whether primary, secondary, excess or contingent The Policy provides bodily injury and property damage liability coverage with limits no higher than minimum levels prescribed by the vehicular financial responsibility laws of the state where the damage or loss occurs. The policy provides uninsured or under-insured motorist coverage only in states where we are required by law to provide it.
- Coverage is void if you breach the terms of this Agreement or if you fail to cooperate in any loss investigation conducted by us or our insurer. You and we reject no-fault and uninsured or under-insured motorist coverage. Giving the Vehicle to an unauthorized driver terminates our liability insurance, if any. If a liability loss occurs, this agreement shall be construed according to the laws of the jurisdiction in which the loss occurred.
- Charges. You will pay us on demand for all charges due us under this Agreement that are allowed by the law, including, but not limited to:
- time and mileage for the period you keep the vehicle, or a mileage charge based on our experience if the odometer or its seal is tampered with or disconnected;
- charges for additional drivers;
- charges for optional products you elected to purchase from us;
- fuel, if you return the Vehicle with less fuel than when rented;
- applicable taxes;
- loss of , or damage to, the vehicle, which, includes the cost of repair or the retail cash retail value of the vehicle on the date of the loss if the vehicle is not repairable or if we elect to sell the Vehicle without repairing it, plus our administrative fees incurred processing the claim as limited by California Civil Code Section 1936;
- all fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs, towing, storage and impound charges, and other expenses involving the Vehicle assessed against us or the vehicle during your rental, unless these expenses are our fault;
- expenses we incur in locating and recovering the Vehicle if you fail to return it or if we elect to repossess the Vehicle under the terms of this Agreement;
- costs, including pre- and post-judgment attorney fees, we incur collecting payment from you or otherwise enforcing our rights under this Agreement;
- a 2% late payment fee (or the highest amount allowed by law, if lower) on all amounts past due;
- 1.5% per month interest, or the maximum amount allowed by the laws of the State of California, for monies due us but not paid upon return of the Vehicle;
- $50, plus $5/mile for every mile between the renting location and the place where the Vehicle is returned or abandoned, plus any additional recovery expenses we incur;
- $25 or the maximum amount permitted by law, whichever is greater, if you pay us with a bad check; and
- a reasonable fee not to exceed $150 to clean the Vehicle if returned substantially less clean than when rented.
We may use your deposit to pay any amounts owed to us under this Agreement.
- Your Property.
You release us, our agents and employees from all claims for loss of, or damage to, your personal property or that of any other person, that we received, handled or stored, or that was left or carried in or on the Vehicle or in any service vehicle or in our offices, whether or not the loss or damage was caused by our negligence or was otherwise our responsibility.
No term of this Agreement can be waived or modified except by a writing that we have signed. To extend the rental period, you must return the Vehicle to our rental office for inspection and written amendment by us of the due-in date. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us. All prior representations and agreements between you and us regarding this rental are void.
A waiver by us of any breach of this Agreement is not a waiver of any additional breach or waiver of the performance of your obligations under this Agreement. Our acceptance of payment from you or our failure, refusal or neglect to exercise any of our rights under this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of any other provision of this Agreement. Unless prohibited by law, you release us from any liability for consequential, special or punitive damages in connection with this rental or reservation of a vehicle. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions are valid and enforceable.
Who we are
rentGT LLC operates the rentgt.co(m) website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the rentGT website.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.